Sweet, spiced and smoky, easy to make, healthy and universally loved; you can’t go wrong with these. They’re the perfect snack or side dish as they require little preparation and the contrast of sweet, salty, smoky and spicy flavours will go with absolutely everything.
Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and nutrients so you can feel good even if you polish off the lot!
They can also be easily be reheated and enjoyed the next day or two, if they last that long….
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sweet cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Few leaves of basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Scrub the sweet potato and then chop into chunky wedges
- Rub each wedge with the coconut oil
- Arrange in a baking tray
- Sprinkle cinnamon, smoked paprika and salt evenly over the wedges
- Cook for 45 minutes, turning the wedges half way through cooking
- Garnish with basil